Take the Perimeter Quiz
Directions: Print this page. Then read each statement or question carefully and choose the best answer. When you are done click on the colored link at the bottom of the page to check your answers.
1. The total distance around a shape or figure is called the _____________________________________________________.
a. area b. meter c. perimeter d. inches
2. ______________________ (s) are plane or flat shapes/figures with three or more sides.
a. Policemen b. Polygon c. Pioneer d. Perimeter
3. A ____________ is a polygon with three sides.
a. tricycle b. trimester c. try again d. triangle
4. To find the perimeter of a quadrilateral or a triangle you need to ______________________________________________________.
a. add up the length of all sides and find the sum b. add up the length of 2 sides
c. add and subtract to find the difference d. add, subtract, and multiply
5. A quadrilateral has _________________.
a. 2 sides b. 3 sides c. 4 sides d. 5 sides
6. Draw a triangle and label the sides as 6 meters, 6 meters, 6 meters. What is the perimeter? ________________________________________
7. Draw a square and label the sides as 2cm, 2 cm, 2 cm, 2 cm. What is the perimeter? _____________________________________________
8. Draw a triangle and label the sides as 1 inch, 1 inch, 1 inch. What's the perimeter? _______________________________________________
9. Draw a rectangle and label its sides 7 inches, 7 inches, 3 inches, 3 inches. What's the perimeter? ___________________________________
10. What is the perimeter of a square that has sides that are 25 mm each? Remember, a square has 4 equal sides. _________________________